Frequently Asked Questions
Who can receive NSCR’s income tax preparation service?
The following eligibility guidelines apply:
- North Shore residents only
- Income for a single person: under $35,000 in 2022
- Income for a couple: under $45,000 in 2022
- Each additional family member + $2,500
- Less than $1,000 interest income
- No self-employment or rental income
- No business income, business income, employment expenses, bankruptcy
- No capital gains or losses
- No deceased persons
Students and newcomers to Canada who are first time filers are not eligible for our service
To learn more about your eligibility and required documentation, read here: NSCR Community Income Tax Clinic
When is this service available?
This service is available during March and April each year but it books up very quickly so call early to register. It is also possible to receive this service outside these months but service is very limited.
Can I volunteer to prepare taxes?
Yes, depending on your qualification and experience. Contact us for more information.
If you would like to book an income tax appointment, contact:
If you would like to volunteer for our program, contact:
Alex Kershaw, NSCR Volunteer Coordinator
Direct Line: 604-982-3307
Updates and Resources
For more information about how to become a volunteer with our tax clinic and to register with the Canada Revenue Agency, read here.
The North Shore Community Income Tax Clinic is made possible through sponsorship of Ratcliff & Company Barristers and Solicitors and donors like you. Thank you.